Friday, September 10, 2010

Shakespeare or Bible?

Several people were discussing the other day how much quotations from Shakespeare and the Bible are often confused. I decided that from time to time in my blog, I would give readers a chance to see if they can tell the difference. For today then, the quotation is "All men are liars"--Bible or Shakespeare? Look at the next blog for the answer.

Word challenge:  RECTRIX--not a word you would have much use for but I like its sound (see end of post for definition)

I have had to set aside the Martin De Leon research in order to add words to a couple of collective biographies. Therefore, the factoids about Martin will be postponed for awhile while I search for some more daring females!

"Rectrix" is one of the stiff main feathers found in a bird's tail. The next time your cat goes cannibalistic, maybe you will find a rectrix on your front door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment