Sunday, August 8, 2010

Strange Word!

I love unusual words and discovered one this week--NICTITATE. I had no idea what it meant but discovered that its meaning is "to wink." I plan to continue sharing "strange" words with my readers--I welcome suggestions for words to feature.

Just wanted everyone to know that my web site has been recently updated, and I invite you to visit it to learn more about my books. Please see
http://www.peggycaravantes.com/.

Back to my current research--can you imagine a rich young man turning down a chance to study in Monterrey in order to lead a pack of mules across rough, dangerous terrain? That's exactly what Martin De Leon did for a couple of years before he decided to join the army. He not only spent his days with mules, but he had to be constantly on the alert for Indian attacks. Seems like college might have been a better choice!

More to come about Martin in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment